Catholic Eparchy of Emdibir is one of the 13 Ecclesiastical Jurisdictions of the Ethiopian Catholic Church. In 1925 Fr. Paschal de Luchon laid solid foundations for the future Eparchy of Emdibir and established in November 2003 with the nomination of its first Bishop His Excellency Rt. Rev. Mons Musie Ghebre-Ghiorghis. OFM,Caps. The Eparchy is located in the Southwest of Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, consisting two zones, Guraghe in SNNPRS (Southern Nations and Nationalities People’s Regional State) and some part of the Western Shoa Zone of Oromiya Regional State, covering an area of 9,000 sq.km. The Headquarter of the Eparch is Emdibir, the town of Cheha District in, Guraghe Zone. The Eparchy comprises 24 parishes and 10 rural chapels organised under 5 deaneries with a total Catholic population of 25,000. Through The Catholic Secretariat of Emdibir , the development arm of the Diocese and executive bureau coordinating the entire pastoral and social development activities. In the last five years together with the pastoral and evangelizing activities, the Eparchy has been working hard for integral development of the human person in Guraghe area through various social activities in the field of education, health care, provision of clean drinking water to different villages, women promotion, scholarship for higher education and quick intervention in emergency situations.